Learn how to make Louisiana rub Wingstop with this copycat recipe. Baked chicken wings coated in a mouth-watering homemade Wingstop Louisiana dry rub that is perfect for wing night! Serve it with a Wingstop Ranch sauce and it will be a hit!
Wingstop Louisiana Rub Recipe
If you love Wingstop chicken wings, this recipe is definitely for you! They have the crunchy texture of deep-fried wings and tremendous flavor. Cajun-inspired dry rub gives them a ton of flavor and makes them spicy and so earthy. These baked chicken wings are seriously good, you won’t miss the deep fryer!
You can use Wingstop Louisiana dry rub on fresh or frozen chicken wings. The recipe is customizable, feel free to tailor it to your personal preference.
What is the Louisiana Rub at Wingstop
Wingstop calls their Louisiana rub “a crispy, spiced dry rub, with a distinctly Cajun drawl.” It is not spicy as their Cajun rub, for those who like a milder heat. This dry rub for chicken wings adds so much flavor to wings. The cajun-inspired spice blend will become your go-to spice rub and let you have a little taste of Louisiana whenever you use it.
What is in Wingstop Louisiana rub
To make this dry rub for chicken wings, you will need common spices. Nothing fancy! So let’s chat about the ingredients.
- Creole seasoning– You can buy it online or at your local supermarket. It is made with paprika, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and basil. Cajun seasoning blend is a great substitute for Creole seasoning.
- Paprika-It is one of the key ingredients in this dry rub. Be sure to buy good quality paprika. It adds both flavor and color to wings.
- Garlic powder-The recipe calls for lots of garlic powder. But it doesn’t taste as fresh garlic, and the flavor is less aggressive. It won’t overpower other flavors in this rub.
- Onion powder– It adds a hint of onion.
- Chili powder– It can be mild or very spicy, depending on the variety of chili pepper it was made of. Adjust the amount to your liking. Alternatively, you can use red chili flakes.
- Cayenne Pepper– It is eight times hotter than regular chili powder and brings the heat in this rub. Feel free to adjust the amount to your liking.
- Oregano-This dried herb is sharp and brings a peppery and bitter taste to the rub. I don’t recommend using fresh oregano because the flavor can be aggressive and dominate other ingredients.
- Cumin– I know it is not a typical spice for Louisiana dry rub, but it compliments other spices so well.
- Brown sugar- It helps to balance the heat. You can substitute it with white sugar.
- Salt and black pepper– Actually any spice blend will benefit from salt and pepper. Adjust the amount to your liking.
How to make Wingstop Louisiana Rub Recipe
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF | 230ºC. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and place a baking rack on the sheet. Chicken wings produce lots of moisture, baking them on the rack makes wings super crispy on the outside.
- Season the chicken wings with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, red chili, black pepper, creole seasoning and salt. Add oil. Toss to coat evenly. You can use melted butter instead of oil.
- Bake the chicken wings on the wire rack for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and flip. Bake further for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare the dry rub. Simply mix all the ingredients for the rub.
- Add the rub to the baked chicken wings to coat evenly. Enjoy!
How to store Louisiana rub Wingstop
Keep leftover wings in an airtight container and refrigerate for 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven or in the microwave.
Store this Louisiana dry rub in a jar and keep it in a dark and cool place.
What is the hottest flavor at wingstop
Want to have your tastebuds singing? Try Wingstop’s Atomic wings, the hottest among Wingstop flavors.
There are 11 flavors and dry rubs. Each flavor is very unique and you can choose the flavor on their scale of heat. If you are on a milder side, try Lemon Pepper, Hickory Smoke BBQ, Hawaiian, Garlic Parmesan, or Mild. The hottest flavors are Original Cajun, Mango Habanero, Atomic, and Cajun. Louisiana Rub and Spicy Korean Q are medium spicy flavors.
Louisiana Rub Wingstop
If you enjoy this wingstop louisina dry rub video, please subscribe to my YouTube channel (thank you for subscribing). Want to be the first to know when I post a new video? Make sure to click the BELL icon.
What to serve with Louisiana Rub Wings
I love to serve these wings with Wingstop Ranch sauce and Potato wedges. Actually options are endless.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Oven Roasted Potatoes
If you try this Louisiana rub Wingstop recipe, please let me know, leave a comment and rate it.
All rights reserved. CHEF JAR. All images and content are copyright protected. PLEASE do not use my images without my permission. If you want to share this recipe, PLEASE provide a link back to this post.
If you make this recipe, take a photo of your creation and hashtag it # CHEFJAR on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!